Pages

28.12.17

So Ready for You, 2018!

Hello the internet!
I have not blogged in more years than I can count on three fingers... that is, three years!
As 2017 comes to a close in a few days here, and 2018 starts (where the heck do years go?? Do they get stashed somewhere, like, just sucked into a black hole?) I have really felt motivated and excited to start some things afresh, and one of those things is writing. Writing, blogging, and just taking the time to focus on things that are important. Things that I don't need to share, but rather, want to share, just because.
I've long LOVED to write, mostly creatively (the occasional school paper is fun, but I haven't had to do one of those in over a year!), and I love to go back and reread my own thoughts, and to see where those thoughts took me.
As I jump into 2018, I want to better myself. I know that nothing worth my time is possible on my own, and I am hungry and ready for God's help in everything I do.
Here is my list of resolutions. It will also be written up and slapped onto my bedroom wall, so I can have a constant reminder of the things I want to accomplish. I never want to view my resolutions as "rules," or, things I must do. Rather, I want to view them as guidelines that are going to push me along in the direction I desire to go. I think these 10 are a good place for me to start.

1. GET HEALTHY. I have dealt with being sick all of 2017. Tonsils, come out, and never speak to me again.
2. Read through my entire Bible. No ifs, ands, or buts.
3. Recommit to my walk with God.
4. Work on my constant, what feels like, NEED for attention. All the wrong sorts of attention, too (read: boys). I know this won't ever fully go away, but I want to be better at living without it.
5. Write.
6. Drink more water. I've been doing much better at this throughout 2017, and I'd like to keep it up and get even better at it. Everything is better when you are hydrated.
7. Focus on, give my full attention to, and pray for the people that matter most to me. Be there for those who needs me to be there. And develop a willingness to help people around me, whether they mean something to me or not. We are all Gods children.
8. Be able to do 55 tricep push-ups in one go!
9. Email my two sets of grandparents once a month.
10. Call each sibling once a month at the bare minimum.

This is just the beginning, but we've all gotta start somewhere, so why not start with a brand new year?; and a year with no mistakes in it, too... yet.
Here's to 2018, come at me!
All things are indeed possible through Him who gives me all the strength in the world. If only I ask for His hand to hold mine through whatever does come my way.
xx, AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment